Thursday, October 23, 2014

Tender Mercies

This past week has been incredible! We are definitely seeing the tender mercies from the Lord in Fourways! The past couple of weeks we have been hitting a rough patch on finding new people... we have been tracting like crazy and finding in any way that we can think of without much results. This past week we were able to meet with a family that we tracted into which was so sweet! They are the Kotela family and have three kids that are 13, 12, and a newborn baby! They are powerful.. they had lots of questions and want to know more about the gospel! The Lord has also blessed with referrals lately... we really don't get a ton in this area but this past week we have been getting some from everyone! The Lord saw our hard work and blessed us through those referalls! I am so grateful for that blessing in my life lately! 

We had a powerful lesson with Khumbo again this week! This past week we focused on the priesthood with him and how that will bless his life and the life of his family! As we discussed how it can bless his family he paused for a little and you could tell he was really pondering about it. He then said "I need that for my family. I will do whatever it takes!" It was a powerful experience! 

In my study this past week I did some more on Faith! The second stage of Faith is when faith comes as a combination of Belief and Knowledge. This happens when one gains a testimony and begins their conversion process! This conversion leads them to desire more truth... it leads them to have an anchor in the gospel and to abound in even more good works. (Ether 12:4) The seed continues to grow as they continue to act and those are followed by more spiritual confirmations! At this point people are ready to take the next steps through the priesthood and temple ordinances! I am so grateful for the Priesthood in my life and for the opportunity I have to use it to bless the lives of others! 

I love you!
Elder Farnes

No comments:

Post a Comment