Thursday, October 23, 2014

Good things happening in Fourways

This past week was sweet! On Thursday we had Mission Leadership Council and it was a really good one. We discussed our goals as a mission ans how we can achieve them for the end of the year. Something that was stressed a lot was diligence. Going into Christmas and being the end of the year normally the stats drop so we are going to try and lift them even higher this last 3 months. A quote that I love from Benjamin Franklin says "Diligence is the mother of Good luck." It's so simple, but so true. In D&C 123:12-14 it talks about bringing those who are "Blinded" to the truth because they know not where to find it! Let attend to them with earnestness! 

We found a powerful Father Led Family this past week! His name is Jackson and his wife is Kathalyn. They are so cool and have been praying to find the right church for them! They are so prepared!! Nokthula and her daughter are also doing well. We had a really great lesson with her on the Plan of Salvation and discussed a lot with her about why bad things happen to us. Sometimes more than others. She opened up to us about things in her life and the spirit was so strong!

We have a great week coming up... We have Zone meeting, a temple trip, and my comp and I got asked to teach all the people at the area office this Sunday night! Should be sweet!

In my Study this past week Luke 24:45 really stood out to me. It was Jesus speaking to his disciples and He "Opened their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures." I have been praying hard to have my understanding opened as I read and it has been incredible. The scriptures take on a whole new light as we do this! 

I love you all!
Elder Farnes

No comments:

Post a Comment