Monday, December 16, 2013

New Area and District Leader


This past week has been great. I got my new comp and my new companion. My new companion is sweet. His name is Elder Wambua and he is from Kenya. He has so much faith and is an extremely hard worker... We are going to have tons of fun together! I have already learned how to make some kenyan food. My new area is AWESOME as well! It's called Mabopane... We are over 3 different townships so our area is huge. To drive from one end to the other takes about half an hour. From what I have learned this area has a ton of potential, but the missionary here before me was "dead" so they didn't get any work done. So we have been working like crazy and are already seeing the results. We are working close with the members as well which is great. We have quite a few return missionaries so they love working with us. I am so excited to be here.. I know I am going to love it! The people in my district are way cool as well.. the other missionaries are from Madagascar and the Netherlands.
 
Yesterday was a really cool experience with the baptism of Sister Petunia. I don't know her too well, but she is an incredible lady. She is 35 and has been investigating the church for about 10 years. Her mom and dad are members and one of her children is as well. She has been through a lot in her life and when she received the answer that this church was the one for her she hasn't looked back. She has such a powerful testimony and you could tell how excited she was to be baptised.
 
I have been studying a lot about the Holy Ghost lately. We all have the opportunity to have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost and especially as being a set apart missionary we need it in our lives to accomplish this great work. We need to be working side by side with the Lord to do all that we have been called and sent here on earth to do. We have been called to speak by the Holy Ghost and not from our own understanding... The Holy Ghost is the Ultimate teacher that will lead people to gaining a testimony and becoming converted. (D&C 50:13-14 and D&C 43:15-16) And as we speak by the Spirit we will teach with Power and Authority from God. (Alma 17:2-3 and Mark 1:22)
 
I love you all so much! Remember the reason for the season!
 
Elder Farnes

No comments:

Post a Comment