Monday, December 9, 2013

Busy Week


This past week has been great.We have been super busy so it has gone by SO fast. A lot of amazing things are happenning here in Birch Acres.

Yesterday we were able to have Emmanuel's Baptism. It was so cool to see how excited he was. He got dressed up for church a lot nicer than he normally does and was so happy. He had been looking forward to this day for a while. After he was baptised he said he felt so good that he didn't want to get out of the water.

Mpho is doing good as well, he wasn't able to make it to church yesterday to be confirmed but I don't have any worries about him. We had a chat with him and it turns out that his family has told him that they don't support him with what he is doing. We had a long talk with him about everything and he told us that he knows what is true and he will never stray from the path he is on.He said he still wants to serve a mission and that he knows his family will come around one day. It got me thinking a lot about what I would do if I was in the same situation and as I we were talking I shared how much I had been thinking about that and shared how I KNEW that even if my family wasn't members or didn't support me that I would still be on my mission. I know this Church is true and nothing will ever change that. As I was saying that the spirit bore strong testimony to me of the truthfullness of it all and I got a little emotional. It was a great experience.

This past week we also had zone conference. We talked a lot about the Godhead and how important it is that our Investigators clearly understand the attribrutes and each of their roles in their own personal lives. It is the First Article of Faith and it will help a lot as we are trying to establish the church here in South Africa. We also talked about asking inspired questions and Elder Deichman and I was asked on the spot to do a role play for everyone with President Omer on the topic of asking inspired questions after we had taught him about the Restoration that would lead to a baptismal committment. I love being able to do that and it was a great experience.We are really focusing on asking inspired questions and can already see the improvements.

I have also focusing a lot on trying to develop Charity. I have been reading a lot about it in Corinthians and am trying to apply it to my life.Charity is one of the most important things we can try to develop. We have been serving every chance we can get and it has helped so much. We have even gotten a few new investigators from it. Overall a great great week!
I love you all  so much!

Elder Farnes

No comments:

Post a Comment