Monday, December 9, 2013

District Leader and Transfers


This past week has been great. I found out Saturday night that I will be leaving to a new area tomorrow. I have also been called to be a District Leader. I am really excited for it. There is a meeting for the new ones tonight. I know I will definitely need to rely on the Lord to be the best one I can be. 

It has been sad saying goodbye to some of the people here in Birch Acres, but I am so excited to get to a new area and get to work.

On Sunday I was also able to baptise Andres son Gontse. He was so excited to be baptised. He was so happy and even started crying during his confirmation. He is such a stud. It was an honor to be apart of his baptism.

Recently, I have really been trying to relate everything I read to my life and especially to missionary work. I have been starting from 1 Nephi again and I think it is so interesting how Nephi and Laman and Lemuel had the very same experiences, yet the outcomes of the people are very different. They all left with their father, went back to get the plates, and all even made it to the Promised land. But Nephi turned out to be an incredible servant of the Lord, while Laman and Lemuel rebelled and were wicked. It was all about what they became from their experiences. I have noticed it is the same with missionaries. There are a lot of people that come out and go home and don't become anything from the experiences they have and on the other hand there are those that learn a lot and become true disciples of Christ.

Also I really liked the story with Nephi breaking his bow in the wilderness. (1 Nephi 16:18-25) Nephi wasn't doing anything wrong. He had been keeping the commandments and living a great life when this trial came upon him. It wasn't that Nephi was punished for anything that this had to happen, but the Lord saw that there was an opportunity for him to grow. When the Lord feels that we are prepared to grow he will often send us trials that will stretch us and test us to our limits. (Proverbs 3:11-12) We need to accept these challenges with a humble heart and overcome them with the Lord's help. 

"The only way to prepare for the future is to be totally present now!" 
Lets take advantage of the present!

I love you all so much!

Elder Farnes

No comments:

Post a Comment