Monday, December 30, 2013

Mabopane!


Everything is going great! This past week has been a really good week. I am loving Mabopane! We are continuing to work with our part member families and our investigators are progressing very well. Some people have left for Christmas, but when they get back everything should be amazing!

Some interesting news though.. So because of the car accident in Rabie Ridge people have been changed around a lot. So now I am follow up training Elder Teerlink. He is a cool guy from Nevada. I still am in Mabopane so I am grateful that I have most of the area down.

In my scripture study I was studying a lot on the Holy Ghost still. In 2 Nephi 33:1 it talks about how the Holy Ghost goes "unto" but not "into" the hearts of the people. The people we are teaching still need to be prepared and desire to feel it for them to have that experience and have it really change them and start the conversion process. It taught me a lot about how important it is to find the people that are prepared. We need to be led by the spirit to find them. In 1 Nephi 4:6 it talks about how he was led by the spirit not knowing beforehand the things that he should do when he was going to get the plates. He had faith and used the "Ready, Fire, Aim" approach, completely relying on the spirit. In D&C 79:2-3 and 111:2-3,8,11 it talks about how people are prepared. It is up to us to find those people by being worthy and listening to the promptings from the spirit!

I am so grateful for the opportunity to be working side by side with Christ at this time of the year! I love you all so much and hope you have a Merry CHRISTmas!!

Elder Farnes

No comments:

Post a Comment