Monday, December 30, 2013

Great CHRISTmas


This past week has been amazing. I had one of the best Christmas' so far! It was great to truly just think about the Savior and come closer to him; to be completely away from all the things of the world! I am so grateful for the knowledge and relationship I have with Christ and for the opportunity I have to come closer to him each and every day!
 
We were able to see some new investigators this past week and were able to find some great ones. We met with two sisters named Pumi and Vuyi. We were able to teach them about the Restoration of the Gospel and by the end of the lesson they told us that if they found out that these things were true that they would do anything to become a member of the TRUE church and would leave everything behind. It was a powerful lesson and I am excited to continue seeing them. They even came to church on Sunday and really enjoyed. Thuto and Senzo are also doing great and should both make it to be baptised on the 12th of January... No better way to start of the new year!
 
The Cocroaches and bugs are back at it again haha! We kill about 25 each night and when we come into the flat there are about 50-100 each night! We have started to deep clean our flat so hopefully we can get rid of them.
 
In my "letters from home" this past week I really loved a scripture in Timothy. It is 1 Timothy 6:11-12 and it talks about how we need to "Fight the good fight of faith and lay hold on Eternal life." And in 2 Nephi 2:4 it talks about how Eternal life or Salvation is free, but we need to seize it. The price has been paid for each of us and all we need to do is take matters into our hands and decide what kind of a life that we want and desire! I can't wait to set my New Year Resolutions with this in mind!
 
Obedience is the Price!
I love you all so much!
 
Elder Farnes

No comments:

Post a Comment