Monday, February 3, 2014

Bikes and Elephants!


This past week has been really good! We got bikes which has been sweet! I  love being able to talk to everyone as we go by instead of just driving by in a car. Our investigators are doing great! They are really coming along! We had 8 investigators at church which was sweet and had a powerful lesson with the three amigos (Oli, Bongane, and Tshwanelo). We taught them about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and they were loving it. They understood everything perfectly and understood that they needed to be rebaptized! We put them on date for March and they were so excited! We stood up to leave and they all gave us BIG hugs! haha!!
Salome has to have a 2nd interview from President Omer this week or the next so we had to post pone her baptism. She was disappointed but understands why and is still crazy excited to be baptized! I still can't get over how much she has changed!!
This Morning we were able to play with some Elephants! It was so cool! I was able to grab it's tusks and just mess with it! An experience of a lifetime! There was a full grown mom and two of her kids!
I forgot to grab the thing about consecration this morning because we left so early but this past week I loved reading through Jacob chapter 5. As you go through it you see the Saviors love for us. Time and time again he says how he doesn't want to give up on the olive trees and near the end you see his love especially as he says in desperation "What more could I have done?" in three different verses! His love for us his so pure and so perfect. He does everything for us. I am so grateful for the experience I was able to have while reading that this past week!
I love you all so much!

Elder Farnes


No comments:

Post a Comment