Monday, February 24, 2014

Obedience


Another great week here in Mabopane! It seems like times is flying by too fast here. This past week we had stake conference! It was great! The theme was on Charity and Forgiveness, and it was a great opportunity for our investigators to feel the spirit strongly. One quote I really liked from it was "When Obedience is no longer an irritance, and becomes a quest, God will endow you with power!" Obedience is the Price to have the full power of God with you at all times! This quote goes with everything in our lives, when we are obedient with anything that is a righteous desire we will gain power!
Thumi and Maria will be having their interview tomorrow for baptism and should be baptised this week if everything goes. Thumi is so powerful! She doesn't understand things very well sometimes, but really feels the spirit and knows that these things are true! She hasn't missed a sunday since we have started teaching her!
As we met with James this past week he was so excited about everything! He told us how he has some close friends that he wants to introduce to the Gospel as well! He is already doing missionary work... It's a testimony builder each and every time we meet with him.
Nono is doing great also! We taught her about the Word of Wisdom this past week and she willingly gave up coffee. She told us how much she loves coffee, but she wants to do what the Lord asks of her!
This past week I came across the scripture in Alma 7:11-12. It is a very common scripture and I love using it to describe how well Christ knows each of us, but this time as I read it took on a whole new meaning for me! In verse 12 it talks about the word succor, which means "to run to." I always thought about that scripture as us running to Christ, but this time as I read I was able to realize how it is Christ that is running to us! Not only does He call us to come and to follow Him, but He is unfailingly running to help us! How great it is to know that our Brother and our Friend is constantly working to help us! I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have of our Savior and the opportunity I have to come closer to Him each and every day, to truly come to know Him!
I love you all so much!

Elder Farnes

No comments:

Post a Comment