Monday, June 2, 2014

Mothers Day


Happy Mothers Day!!! :) Especially to my amazing momma!! I Love reading about the 2,000 stripling warriors... When the times got tough and their backs were against the wall they "did not doubt, because their mothers knew it." They knew that they could hold on to the testimony of the moms when they needed it most. I am so grateful for a Mom that I can do the same with. It is her testimony that has kept me on the path that I am on. When times would get tough or whenever I would have doubts I knew I could always turn to my mom! Thanks so much mom! You really are the greatest and I wouldn't be where I am today without you! 

This past week was great! We were able to have some really powerful lessons with Jocaline and Nono. As we met with Jocaline she was able to explain to her daughter the need to be baptised again because of the priesthood and was able to even explain the two different priesthoods. She is truly becoming more and more converted to the gospel and soaking it all in. After the lesson we were talking and she told us how she has never truly been happy in her life, but now, because of the gospel she has found true Happiness! 

With Sister Nono we were able to get into a more in detail discussion about the reasons why she should  come to church and continue on the path of discipleship before it grows too late or before she starts to veer too far off the path. She expressed her feelings and even bore testimony of how she does know the truthfulness of the gospel. 

In my study I have been learning a lot about becoming the Good Shepherd. So much of it is just losing yourself in His work! To serve with unconditional love for those around you. As we take up our cross to Follow Christ and become the Good Shepherd we are only then able to deny ourselves of all ungodliness! Let us strive to make that apart of our daily prayers and lives. Let our minds be changed.

I love you! 

Elder Farnes 

No comments:

Post a Comment