Monday, June 2, 2014

Happy Easter!


Happy Easter Everyone!! I know that Christ Lives! I am so grateful for the opportunity to be apart of His church and to be working along side Him! I feel of His tender mercies and grace daily! I am so grateful for the relationship I have with Him and for the opportunity to strengthen that relationship throughout my life!
For Easter we were able to go with the Molubi family (Brother Abbey and Salome) They don't have much, but were so excited to sacrifice for us and provide us with an Easter lunch! We were able to go after lunch with them and make the food which was fun! They will definitely be friends for eternity!
This past week Bonginkosi was confirmed which was great! Alexander will be having his interview for baptism on Wednesday and everyone else is doing great! We ran into this Less Active guy named Strike who is so cool! He told us how he has been preparing a lot of people to receive the gospel! We went with him to see Jocaline on Saturday and she was definitely prepared! She told us how at all of the other churches she can't feel the Holy Ghost for some reason and she wants to find the right place for her! We had a powerful first lesson with her and she came to church yesterday! It was awesome! We are going out with Bro Strike again this week and he says he has some guys for us to meet and potentially a family! :)
We had the new missionary orientation this week which was sweet! It is for all the trainers and the missionaries getting trained. We based our discussion from a scripture in Alma 5:12-13 which talks about how the people Humbled themselves and put their trust in God. We discussed how all acts of disobedience come from one thing, Pride! It is so true and so simple yet I had never thought of it that way before. Whenever we revolt at anything that comes from God we are in a way saying that we think we know better.
In the Book of Mormon challenge this past week I especially loved Alma 5. I think it is the perfect chapter to self evaluate yourself and see where you really stand, not compared to the world's standards, but to Gods! I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to strive to constantly better myself! This gospel is so amazing! It is always pushing us to BECOME!!!
I love you!

Elder Farnes

No comments:

Post a Comment