Monday, March 3, 2014

Happy and Joy


I Love the happiness and Joy that comes from the gospel! Yesterday I felt pure joy as I got to be apart of Thumi and Maria's baptisms. They were so nervous and so excited beforehand... and after you could tell how amazing they were feeling! The spirit was so strong as they were baptised! Definitely a day that I will remember forever!
We have been having some success with some Less Actives lately. We are doing family home evenings with a young couple and their son. They are awesome! For the first time we got the husband to pray and to participate and they even came to church! They even fed us chicken liver last time.... haha.
On Saturday we went and made some chipate's and mince for Maria and her family that we reactivated! They are the coolest people ever! We are like family with them and we all have so much fun together! We just need to get the Mom (Nono) to complete the family that stays at that house! This place seems more and more like home every day! I love the people here!
In my study this past week I loved a scripture in Alma 12:32. It talks about how when God was talking to Adam and Eve he gave them Commandments AFTER having made known unto them the plan of redemption! It is SO important that we understand the Plan of Salvation. When we understand it our life takes on a whole new meaning. Everything becomes more meaningful. We understand why things have to happen. If we fail to understand this marvelous plan, then life can become meaningless! I am so grateful to be able to have a knowledge of God's plan for us and to be able to learn more about it daily!
I love you all so much!
Elder Farnes

No comments:

Post a Comment