Monday, September 16, 2013

Great Week!

This past week has been great! We have been continuing to meet with the Makwela family, Bobo and his mom, and Moses and his wife and they are progressing along very well! We also have started teaching the Muglapo family. They are so cool! They have a son that is 16 and he is a stud! We went there for the second time and the mom was telling us about how the son was talking about how he wants to go on a mission one day when he is old enough.

Yesterday we were also able to have our stake conference! It was so cool to see all the members come together and meet in one building. The spirit was so strong and you could tell that these people are firm in the faith.There were some great speakers, I especially loved listening to President Omer. He is such a powerful man. When he speaks the spirit just radiates throughout the whole room! He talked about the power of conversion and how through that conversion process it can cause you to change your life around forever! 

This past week in my scripture study I read an amazing chapter in the Bible. It is Acts 20:19 through the End. In this chapter Paul is speaking to his disciples for the last time. He talks about and teaches them exactly how he served Christ and how we need to serve Christ. He teaches us how we can become more and more of a disciple of Christ. Everything we do in life it should be for Christ. We need to be continually in the service of our Lord and Savior! 

I Love you all!

Elder Farnes



This past week I had a powerful experience with the makwela family that I wanted to share with you! We came and started teaching them about the priesthood and how that power can be used to bless the lives of their family even more as their dad can be able to hold that power. We then took that to talk about baptism and in order for it to be done correctly it needs to be done like how Jesus Christ was baptised and by that priesthood authority. They are deeply religious methodists and the Mom even speaks to everyone at the church every once in a while. But, the mom was able to really understand what we were saying! She started questioning if her baptism was done correctly and how it really was done! She then asked if she was to be baptised the correct way again if she would have to join our church? She is under the impression that every church is a good church! My comp kind of turned to me because he didn't want to answer and right before I Spoke something inside me said "This is the true Church! You are inviting her and her family to be able to have Salvation and life together forever as a family! Be bold!" I then boldly stated how while there are a lot of good churches out there, there is only one true church! And that is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! I told her that she would have to join but I knew it would bless her life! I then bore my testimony about how I knew that all these things were true! When I was done she seemed to really understand it and seemed to be thinking really hard about it. She knows the Book of Mormon is true and she knows Joseph Smith was a prophet! She said she would pray about being baptised into our church, but that ever since we had been coming she felt that her life was going to change! I know she will get her answer! Please pray for her and her family as we are going to meet with them again wednesday night! The spirit was so strong during that lesson! While we were riding our bikes down the hill my comp and I started yelling "Hurrah for Israel" I love being a missionary! It was an experience I will remember forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment