Monday, August 12, 2013

Kamagelo!

Great great week! Yesterday we were able to have Kamagelo's baptism. The spirit there was so strong. I was able to baptise him and was also able to speak on the Holy Ghost. It reminded me of when I baptised Jordan and the amazing spirit that was there. I'm so grateful for the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost that we can have in our lives. The baptism took place in a pool, but the venue doesn't matter. What matters is the priesthood authority that the baptism is done under. Kamagelo's mom was able to come to church and to the baptism. She loved it all and after we were able to set up an appointment for us to come and start teaching her as well. The spirit was able to touch her and I think she will want to follow the example of her son and in the footsteps of Jesus Christ.

We were able to also have zone conference this past week. President Omer is powerful. I love listening to him speak. We talked about how we are going to start working as closely as possible with leaders of our branches and wards. We are going to start meeting with some more less active members and members as well as our investigators each week so that we can really establish the church here in South Africa. He also gave us some new standards of excellence and I'm so excited to implement this plan. We met with the Branch President yesterday and I know that we can really strengthen the church this way.

This past week I was able to finish the Book of Mormon again. I know it's true with all my heart!!! I love testifying of it and how I know that it can bless people's lives. It can truly help you through any difficulty you may face in life. One of the scriptures from Matthew that I really loved was in Matthew 14:24-31. As long as he kept his eyes on Christ and had faith he was able to walk on the water, but the second he took time to look around at the world around him he started to sink. Immediately though, as he looked unto Christ, he was able to help him out of the water. We need to always keep our eyes and hearts focused on what's important in life! 

I love you!!

Elder Farnes

No comments:

Post a Comment