Monday, July 22, 2013

Trust in the Lord

This past week has been amazing! My companion and I have put our whole trust in the Lord and are seeing the blessings from it. Earlier this week we were riding our bikes up a hill when I got the prompting to go visit a specific house. We went and the wife invited us in without hesitation. We were able to meet with the husband also along with the whole family! I think they are the family we have been praying for. They loved everything we told them and we'll be going back for another visit. They have been prepared by the Lord. The husband, Iyanda, told us that he's had a lot of people come over before to try and teach him from other religions and we are the only ones he has invited back! We also found a couple other families to teach. There are some amazing people here in Birch Acres and the Lord is leading us to them. 

On Saturday we went and visited brother Andres who is one of our investigators. Everyone in his family has been baptized for a couple years except for him. He knows the church is true, but has been addicted to cigarettes for 23 years. While we were talking with him I felt like we should give him a blessing. He accepted and it was one of the most incredible experiences I've ever had. The spirit was SO strong. I know he will quit! We're going to set a date for baptism with him so he has a goal to work towards. Please put him in your prayers.

This past week I have learned so much from my study of the book of Mormon. I love it so much and it truly is the word of God. The most correct book on the earth. I've been reading in Mosiah and I love chapters 2-5. In chapter 2:6 it talks about how the people had their tents with the doors towards the temple. We need to make sure our homes always "face the temple" spiritually. The home is the most sacred place after the temple and can be one of the only escapes we have from the evil. I also loved Chapter 4 when it talked about service. I love the quote from Joseph Smith when he said "A man filled with the love of God is not content with blessing his family alone, but ranges throughout the whole world anxious to bless the whole human race." In verse 11 of chapter 4 it talks about how without God we are nothing, but with him we can do all things. I love that. God is always willing to help us and he is just waiting for the opportunity for us to let him into our lives. And lastly, I love what it says in the Bible dictionary under Faith. It reads "The Lord has revealed himself and his perfect character, possessing in their fullness all the attributes of love, knowledge, justice, mercy, unchangeableness, power, and every other needful thing, so as to enable the mind of man to place confidence in him without reservation. I LOVE that. We need to be bold and always testify of Christ. Have faith in him and know that through him we can do all things. Christ Lives!!!! He is our savior, our redeemer, and our friend! 

I love you all!

Elder Farnes

No comments:

Post a Comment